Dickinson’s Center for Sustainability Education (CSE) was founded in 2008 with funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and matching contributions from the college. The founding of CSE was coincident with the launch of Dickinson’s comprehensive, institutionwide sustainability initiative, with the intent that the center lead and enable development of sustainability as a defining characteristic of a Dickinson education.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
In 2015-16, the Center for Sustainability Education created a five-year strategic plan and defined five goals to pursue from 2017 to 2021:
- Enable and enhance a curriculum at Dickinson College that is rich in opportunities for exploring sustainability.
- Support and improve living laboratory and other cocurricular opportunities for practicing sustainability.
- Advance Dickinson as a leader in transforming liberal education for an inclusive, just and sustainable world.
- Nurture and strengthen mutually beneficial college-community partnerships for sustainability.
- Enable CSE staff members to advance their professional knowledge and skills.