Effective Date: October 23, 2018
PERSONAL INFORMATION DEFINED
Personal information means information that specifically identifies an individual person, such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or account number. It may also include other information about you, such as gender, date of birth, or other demographic information, or about your use of the websites, such as IP address or cookies, if that other information is linked to your personal information.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access personal information about you that we have collected through our website by sending a request for access to email@example.com. You can also request that we correct any such information by sending an email to the same address. Current students should direct any request for access and/or changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prospective students should direct any request for access and/or changes to email@example.com. Faculty and employees should direct any request for access and/or changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. To verify that the request is authentic, we may require that such request be sent from the email address associated with your personal information. While we will comply reasonably and promptly with your request, we may need to retain some of your information for our own recordkeeping or to fulfill a legal obligation.
How Dickinson Collects Your Personal Information
We collect personal information that you provide to us. For example:
- If you apply to be a student at Dickinson, we will require you to provide your name, email address, phone number, standardized test scores, and other information.
- If you apply to work for Dickinson, we may ask you to provide more detailed and sensitive personal information required for compliance with our hiring and equal opportunity policies and practices.
We also collect some of your information automatically when you visit our websites and any software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices. For example, our websites collect your IP address and other online identifiers, and record the pages that you visit and other information about your activity on the websites.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.www.allaboutcookies.org or //www.networkadvertising.org.
Our websites may contain links to other websites. Other website’s collection of your information is governed by its own privacy policies.
How Dickinson Uses Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Evaluate students’ applications;
- Assess financial aid opportunities;
- Support course registration;
- Enroll individuals in educational, research, wellness, and other programs;
- Perform administrative tasks;
- Support our educational mission;
- Send information about other Dickinson offerings which may be of interest;
- Process donations; and
- Other similar uses.
We do not sell personal information to third parties. However, we may share your information with third parties and vendors under contract with us to perform the functions listed above. We may share your personal information with other third parties to:
- Respond to lawful requests or legal process, including in response to law enforcement requirements;
- Protect personal or public safety or to prevent illegal activities
- Protect our own rights, including enforcing our own policies and contracts.
We may also use anonymous or pseudonymous personal information for internal purposes, such as to track the effectiveness of and improve our courses, programs, and other offerings. We may also share anonymous or pseudonymous data with selected third parties.
Please note that you have the right to withdraw consent for our collection or usage of your information at any time. Additionally, we will secure your consent before we collect or process certain sensitive personal data, such as:
- Data concerning your race or ethnic origin or sexual orientation
- Political opinions, and religious or philosophical beliefs
- Genetic, biometric and health
How Dickinson Protects Personal Information
We employ reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. We limit access to databases of personal information to specific personnel. We require the use of usernames and passwords to access the data and maintain the information and the systems housing the information in a secure environment.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Data Transfers from EU to US
If you provide personal information to us while located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you consent to the transfer of personal information to the United States, and potentially to other countries outside of the EEA. You understand that the current laws of countries outside of the EEA may not provide the same level of protection as the data protection laws of the EEA. Nonetheless, we will take all reasonable steps to protect your privacy in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide any personal information to us.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call (717) 243-5121;
- Fax (717) 245-1690 or;
- Send mail to P.O. Box 1773, Carlisle, PA 17013.